Real Estate Broker:
Ejar, which includes activation of the Standard Contract, shall be compact in order to avoid partiality toward the rights and interests of any of the parties to the leasing process, since creating the balance and confidence needed in the residential market requires taking into account the rights of all parties, including those of the real estate broker. In order to achieve balance in the residential market, it is highly required to develop programs and mechanisms that focus on stimulating the public and private sectors, as well as to maintain the rights of the parties to the rental process (tenant, landlord and real estate broker) through fair and balanced laws that reduce the risk of inability to pay the rent. These procedures shall contribute to the re-injection of investments needed to raise the supply of residential units, and thus rebalancing of prices in a sustainable manner. The key services provided to the real estate broker through Ejar include:
- Conclusion of leases electronically, using the Standard Contract, which serves as an executive instrument certified by the Ministry of Justice.
- Electronic interlinking with several government agencies such as the National Information Center, the Ministry of Commerce and Investment and the Ministry of Justice. Currently, it is being interlinked with a number of agencies such as the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, the Saudi Post, the National Water Company and the Saudi Electricity Company.
- Electronic Payment Service (SADAD), which allows the option of monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly payments in the event this is agreed upon by the parties.
- Access to supporting reports such as: Tenancy Credit Record of the tenant and the landlord, and the Residential Unit Maintenance Report.
- Verification of the identity of both the tenant and the landlord.
- Verification of official ownership of the residential real estate unit.
- Qualifying real estate brokers, as a holder of a profession that has documented rights and assumes a clear responsibility, in addition to preventing the non-licensed broker from practicing the real estate lease.
Procedures for a real estate broker to join rental services e-network "Ejar":
- To be able to use join the e-network, the real estate broker is required to meet the following conditions:
- He must be a Saudi national.
- He must obtain a commercial register certificate.
- He must register to the electronic platform of "Ejar".
- He must complete the training program.